Performance Issue After Integrating OBIEE 126.96.36.199 With OAM 188.8.131.52
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Analytics
Login via OAM screen to OBIEE takes more than a minute.
- OBIEE is integrated with OAM for Single Sign-on. AD is the LDAP provider.
Users from AD that use OBIEE are about 3000 in number.
- The login for an embedded LDAP user is very fast.
- If Single Sign-on is disabled the login is still very slow for the AD user. This suggests that the issue is with AD integration with OBIEE.
- Admin Global role was added to an AD user and the user tried to login to weblogic console. This is very fast (about 13secs).
- The login for an AD user is very slow every time, not just the first time.
- There is no row-level security. Data is the same for all users.
- Groups are added manually to weblogic console. They do not come from AD.
- There are about 8 groups and roles.
- The default dashboard page has extensive customization that involve Java scripts. But when using simple dashboard page for the default dashabord page, the performance improvement is insignificant. So, it is probably not the default dashboard page.
- LDAPsearch was performed from the OBIEE server box. This returns results quickly.
Login via OAM screen to OBIEE should take only few seconds.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use OBIEE efficiently.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms