OBIEE 11g Scale Out Install Contains An Invalid Instance That Was De-Installed
(Doc ID 1489335.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2019
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.0  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The environment is scaled out to five nodes.
- All nodes work fine except one
- The Enterpriese Manager scalability tab under coreapplication shows invalid instance name.
- The scalabiltiy tab shows an extra instance on same node 6 which basically does not exists.
- The environment had a scale out installation before on node5 and due to installation problem it had to uninstalled and then reinstalled. The uninstall and reinstall was straight forward and there was no configuration issue; however, the instance4 is still showing in Enterprise Manager which is not expected..
- If a new web catalog is deployed, the instanceconfig.xml for instance5 does not get updated. Committing changes in EM fails with timeout message for this server.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document