Path Conflict Issue Oracle 126.96.36.199 ODBC Client and 188.8.131.52 Essbase Excel Add-In
Last updated on MAY 25, 2018
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 184.108.40.206.000 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Combined KM 1349417.1 with this article and then deleted it.
***Checked for relevance on 18-Mar-2014***
When the following are installed on the same Windows 7/Office 2010 32 bit client machine:
- Essbase Excel Add-In version 220.127.116.11 and
- the Oracle ODBC 11g driver 18.104.22.168
There may occur PATH conflicts, due to identically named DLL (oraclient11.dll).
As result of this:
- The Excel Add-In may not start.
- When ODBC client path is specified first in PATH system variable it works and Essbase Excel Add-In does not work.
- When Essbase Excel Add-In path is specified first, it works but the ODBC client does not work.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms