Last updated on JULY 18, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0  to 18.104.22.168.0 BP3 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This issue occurs whenever a user tries to
- Single Sign On from EBS R12 system to OBIEE 22.214.171.124.0 Reporting system with their responsibility then sign out from BI reporting system to go back to EBS system
- Another user then SSOs from R12 to OBIEE with a different responsibility and then logs out.
- Finally, the initial user logs in again with original responsibility but cannot see the views they are authorised to.
Steps to reproduce:
- "User 1" SSOs from EBS R12 to OBIEE with responsibility 'X'
- Only users with 'X' Responsibility can view 'X-information' on the HR Demographics Dashboard
- 'X-information' is under a separate section on the dashboard and security is applied to this section such that only users with 'X' responsibility can view this section.
- In the BI Dashboard, under the "Roles and Catalog Groups" tab of User 1, we can see the user has been assigned 'X' responsibility, Authenticated User and also BI Consumer Role.
- The permissions of 'X-Information' Section has 'X' responsibility, Authenticated User and BI Consumer Role GRANTED only. All other permissions are set to DENIED.
The problem occurs when, User 1 logs out, and another person say User 2 logs into OBIEE with different responsibility such as 'A', 'B' or 'C' which does not have permission to view 'X'-Information section.
User 2 finishes viewing their reports and logs out.
Original User 1 with 'X' Responsibility logs back into OBIEE again, however this time they are not able to view the 'X'-Information section that 'X' responsibility should as it is not displayed at all.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms