Planning Data Form Precision Modifies Data in Grid in Planning v126.96.36.199
Last updated on JULY 28, 2016
Applies to:Hyperion Planning - Version 188.8.131.52.000 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Changing the Currency Value Precision for a Planning Form is changing the value in the Data Cell.
In a simple data form, if the Currency Value Precision is set to 1, data that is entered in the form is correct. If the Currency Value Precision is then changed to 0, saved then opened, the data is rounded off to the nearest value.
If you double-click in the cell, it marks the cell as dirty. If the form is saved, the rounded value is stored as the value for the cell.
Steps that display the issue:
1. Create a Simple Data Form. In "Other Options" for the 'Currency Value', set Min and Max to 1 and save the Form definition.
2. Open the same Form and enter value as 45.5 and save the Form data. The value is saved as 45.5.
3. Edit the Form definition and change the 'Currency Value' Min and Max to 0 and save the changes made to the Form definition.
4. Open the Form, the Value shown is 46. Highlighting the cell still shows the value as 46 and not 45.5 as it did in earlier versions.
5. If you double-click the cell to check the actual value, it shows the value as 46 and the cell is marked dirty and asks to save the Form.
6. If the Form is saved, the value is stored as 46.
7. Edit the Form definition and change the 'Currency Value' Min and Max to 1 and save the changes made to the Form definition.
8. Open the Form and when you highlight the Cell the value is shown as 46 and not as 45.5 as expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms