Drag & Drop Not Working as Expected in Excel 2010 with Smart View Enabled
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2018
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 18.104.22.168.000 to 22.214.171.124.102 [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If Smart view is enabled, the "Drag and Drop" functionality is not working as expected with Excel 2010. Previous Excel versions worked.
Steps that show behavior:
1. Open up Excel with Smart View disabled.
2. Enter random values in a few cells.
3. Highlight a single non-empty cell or a range that include the values.
4. Use the mouse to drag the selection to a new area of the sheet.
5. Let go of the mouse button.
6. The selection is moved to the new location. This is the expected behavior.
7. Repeat Steps 1-4.
8. In Step 5, before letting go of the mouse button, hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard .
9. A little plus sign will appear next to the mouse pointer to indicate that the selection is going to be copied and not moved.
10. Let go of the mouse button without releasing the Ctrl key.
11. The selection gets copied. This is the expected behavior.
Repeat the above steps with the Smart View add-in enabled. Steps 8-11 results in the selection being moved not copied. This is not the expected behavior.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms