When Trying to Logon to the DRM Webclient with an External User CSS User in a Distributed Environment "An error occurred while trying to log in. The server returned an error"
(Doc ID 1531914.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2021
Applies to:Hyperion Data Relationship Management - Version 18.104.22.168.304 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. External users defined in Foundation Services are unable to logon to the DRM web client in a distributed environment but internal DRM users can log on without problems.
2. After trying to log on with a CSS user the following error is seen in the DRM web interface: An error occurred while trying to log in.
The server returned an error.
3. The following error is seen in the Windows event log:YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS,mmm  WARN Oracle.Drm.Client [(null)] - Exception processing request
Oracle.Drm.Client.SecurityException: DRM-61026: Unable to create user session for the following reason: Login failed. Invalid user name or password. ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Oracle.Drm.Remotable.DrmException]: DRM-61026: Unable to create user session for the following reason: Login failed. Invalid user name or password. (Fault Detail is equal to Oracle.Drm.Remotable.DrmException).
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Oracle.Drm.Client.DrmApplicationItem.GetConnection(String username, String password, String timezoneName, String cultureName, String uiCultureName)
at Oracle.Drm.Client.Logon.btnLogin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
4. The CSS > General tab of the DRM console shows the following CSS Settings:
1. The CSS Bridge is enabled.
2. JVM Path has been set.
3. Oracle Instance has been set.
This is a newly installed, distributed environment where DRM external authentication has been enabled.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document