Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.4 and later
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 22.214.171.124.0 BP4 on IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit).
- There are Stuck Threads for OBIEE. In Administration-Manage Sessions-View Log you can find running queries that have been running for over 5 minutes, and a lot of Queued queries also running for over 5 minutes, sometimes there's a lot of them, and the quereis are saying Starting.
- In the 'View Log' option in OBIEE you wanted to see if there were any stuck running queries, and there was a large amount of running queries running for over 10 minutes.
- Once the stuck threads started going up, you notice the CPU usage is high and then received a warning from the WebLogic Server Console.
- At this point, it is normally when you get a core dump, from nqserver (BI Service) or sawserver (Presentation Server) and finally users are not able to log in OBIEE.
Several error messages like this:
[2013-02-26T11:59:51.000+02:00] [OBIPS] [WARNING:16]  [saw.threadpool.performance] [ecid: ab4242adbf726167:-3138f368:13d106033ce:-8000-000000000018b72b,0:1] [tid: 35615] ThreadPool.Thread count: running 0, maximum 1, idle 0. Jobs pending: 1. No available threads, creating new thread for job. Approaching configured maximum for total number of threads.[[
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms