Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As example, the following scenario:
- Open the Windows Control Panel by selecting Start > Settings > Control Panel,
- Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Data Sources (ODBC).
- In the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog, click the System DSN tab, and then click Add.
- From the Create New Data Source dialog, select the driver appropriate for your Data source, and then click Finish.
- Define a Name.
- Identify the server where OBIEE had been installed
- Identify the username and password for Oracle BI server
- Enable flag for port, with its value
- Enable flag Connect
When progressing, it tries to connect to server OBIEE and returns the following error message:
[nQSError: 12017] Unexpected socket read timeout: connection terminated by network, e.g. by the firewall.
[nQSError: 12008] Unable to connect to port 9704 on machine 10.xxx.xxx.xxx
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms