Prepare an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 U9 Server for Installation of Enterprise Performance Management 184.108.40.206 in VirtualBox 4.2.10+
(Doc ID 1543714.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 15, 2020
Applies to:Hyperion BI+ - Version 220.127.116.11.00 to 18.104.22.168.303 [Release 11.1]
Oracle Enterprise Linux 4.0
This knowledge management article offers an inexperienced user some hints on how to set up and work with an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 environment within VirtualBox in preparation for installation of EPM 22.214.171.124.
The intended audience for this KM document are inexperienced Unix/Linux users who want to install Oracle Hyperion Enterprise 126.96.36.199 in a Linux environment. Items treated include:
(1) Download an Oracle Linux 5 U9 64-bit Server installer (as an ISO file, such as V36332-01.iso).
(2) Download VirtualBox 4.2.10+ (for amd64 if host is 64-bit Windows OS)
(3) Install Oracle Linux 5 U9 in VirtualBox
(4) Create a user and switch to/from 'root' user.
(5) Use 'yum' to install needed library packages.
(6) Toy with 'vi'.
(7) Configure OS kernel parameters.
(8) Download and install a 64-bit Oracle database.
(9) Installing and configuring EPM
(10) Starting EPM
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document