Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1 was upgraded to OBIEE 11g. In OBIEE 220.127.116.11.8, in the BI presentation server config file (instanceconfig.xml) the following was set:
in the line just before the existing "</Dashboard>" tag. This may have been set to fix an issue in Release 10.
The prompts stop working.
To reproduce use SampleSalesLite:
- Create test analysis:
- In Criteria tab add columns "Time"."Calendar Date", "Base Facts"."Revenue", "Products"."Product Number", "Offices"."Office", "Orders"."Order Number".
- Also create a filter Calendar Date is between 02/01/2008 and 03/31/2008
- In Prompts tab add prompt on "Time"."Calendar Date", operator "is greater than or equal to", user input Calendar, under options check "Require user input".
- save the analysis.
- Test the new analysis by running it from the catalog, with date May 16 2010 as value for the prompt. Make sure by clicking the "Next 25 Rows" icon on the bottom of the page.
- You get correct results (all values of the "Calendar Date" column are indeed greater than or equal to specified date.
- Change BI presentation server config file (instanceconfig.xml) by adding false to the PersistPageState parameter i.e : "<PersistPageState>false</PersistPageState>"
- Restart the BI services.
- Login, open the test analysis, and run with date May 16 2010 as value for the prompt. It seems ok, until you click several times on the "Next 25 Rows" icon on the bottom of the page, when suddenly you start getting wrong dates - all from date range 02/01/2008 and 03/31/2008...
We expected the analysis prompt to work no matter how many times the "Next 25 Rows" icon on the bottom of the page is clicked...
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms