Smart View 11.1.2.x 'Setting Active Connection for Worksheet' Gives Error "COMMON PROVIDER SESSION MISMATCH"
Last updated on JULY 29, 2016
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 22.214.171.124.102 to 126.96.36.199.103 [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When opening a new Excel workbook and selecting 'Set Active Connection for Worksheet' prior to running an 'Ad Hoc Analysis', and then double-clicking appears to open an old grid format by default with floating POV. If you then choose 'Ad Hoc Analysis' and reuse sheet contents, a message pops up saying an old grid is detected and asks, 'Do you want to update'? Clicking 'Yes' returns an error:
COMMON PROVIDER SESSION MISMATCH
Regardless of what is done, the error continues to pop-up.
To replicate this issue, use a new Excel workbook/sheet using:
Smart View 188.8.131.52.300
Hyperion Provider Services - Release 184.108.40.206.100.2138
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. In Smart View, Click on Smart View->Panel->Shared Connections.
3. Connect to APS then to the Essbase Server.
4. Expand the EssbaseCluster-1 node to the Demo/Basic database.
5. Click on 'Connect' to Demo/Basic.
6. Click on 'More >>' and select "Set Active Connection for this Worksheet".
7. If prompted "Changing sheet connection may result in invalid grid, proceed?, select "Yes". (this message does not always occur)
8. Refresh the sheet.
9. Go back and run an "Ad hoc analysis".
10. When prompted, select to "Clear Sheet Contents and POV". This is when you get the error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms