Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Reporting and Publishing - Version 220.127.116.11.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
BI Publisher has become unusable in the OBIEE environment.
- When a user tries to use BI Publisher, the product just hangs when used within OBIEE.
- Users can create and edit BIP data-models, but they cannot open or edit BIP reports within OBIEE.
- BI Publisher report opens without an issue using Mozilla Firefox web browser and also Internet Explorer 8.
- Machines with Internet Explorer 9 cannot open the report.
The following 3 observations have been made:
1) We cannot create a new BIP report.
a) Create a new Data-Model and generate sample data
b) Create a new BIP Report:
c) Choose “Use Existing Data Model”:
d) Nothing happens..users just get a blank screen; whereas normally, we would expect a popup to ask us to choose a data –model.
e) If we try to choose a data model by clicking on the “magnifying glass” then we can choose a data-model but then nothing happens when we click “OK”
The screen just hangs here….
2) We cannot edit an existing BIP report
a) Choose to “Edit” an existing BIP report:
b) The BIP screen opens blank and just hangs.
3) The problem only exists within OBIEE. If we log on to BI Publisher directly (http://...../xmlpserver) then we can open, edit and run BIP reports without any issues.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms