OBIEE 11g: Some Dashboards Don't Run Or Can Be Edited After Patching From 188.8.131.52.9 To 184.108.40.206.131017
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.131017 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The original system was OBIEE 18.104.22.168.9, running on a single server.
- Patchset 22.214.171.124.0 applied and BI Bundle Patch 126.96.36.199.131017.
- After patching, some dashboards don't show up neither in runtime view nor in edition view.
- The system uses custom skin and style for Presentation Services, that were developed based on standard blafp 188.8.131.52, when the system was upgraded from 10g to 184.108.40.206.6.
- All dashboards were running fine with the custom skin and style before the patching to 220.127.116.11.
- When switching the default global skin and style to blafp in file instanceconfig.xml, all dashboards show in runtime and edition views, but missing some custom UI elements (custom images and so on).
- So the root cause of the problem seems to be the custom style and skin.
- The standard customs and skins (blafp and fusionfx) have changed between 18.104.22.168.x and 22.214.171.124.x
- What is the process to adapt the custom skin and style so they work on 126.96.36.199?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms