OBIEE 11g Action Link To Dashboard Page Is Not Refreshing Prompts
(Doc ID 1617331.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 27, 2019
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to set up synchronisation between a table containing a hierarchy column and three (3) graphs on a dashboard page. The page also contains hierarchy prompts based on Essbase dimensions.
The table contains an account hierarchy and when an account member in the hierarchy is selected the three graphs on the page should be displayed in context of the selected account member. The synchronisation process uses prompts which are populated from presentation variables attached to the dashboard prompts.
The required process is as follows:-
- A user selects a cost centre and one or more accounts from the dashboard prompts based on the cost centre and account hierarchies. The selected cost centre and accounts are stored in presentation variables <Presentation_Variable_CostCentreList> and <Presentation_Variable_AccountList> respectively.
- A hidden prompt is then used to extract the first account member in the list and stored in presentation variable <Presentation_Variable_AccountGenMember>
- A second hidden prompt is then used to determine the generation level of the selected account member stored in <Presentation_Variable_AccountGenMember>.
- The derived generation level is stored in a presentation variable <Presentation_Variable_AccountGenNum>.
- The presentation variable <Presentation_Variable_AccountGenNum> is then used to derive accounts at various generations levels to be used in the three graphs.
The approach works as expected when using the dashboard prompts to select values.
However, to achieve the synchronisation required when selecting an account member from the report hierarchy, used an action link back to the same dashboard page to refresh the dashboard prompts and in turn the presentation variables via the hidden prompts.
After the action link has executed, the dashboard prompts are updated with the select account member, but the presentation variables set via the hidden prompts are not reset.
If click on 'Apply' button twice then all variable are set as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document