Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Applications Consumer - Version 184.108.40.206.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We have an installation of OBIA 220.127.116.11.1 and we are using it for some functional areas like procurement & spending and financial. We would like to implement also OIC Analytics on the same infrastructure.
Our current software stack is:
- Oracle WebLogic 10.3.6
- OBIEE 18.104.22.168
- OBIA 22.214.171.124.1
- ODI 126.96.36.199
According to "How to deploy and configure Oracle Incentive Compensation Analytics for Oracle Data Integrator 11g? (Doc ID 1580131.1)", in order to install OIC analytics a number of manual configuration steps need to be performed both on ODI side and OBIEE side, for example:
- creating new logical and physical schemas in the ODI topology
- creating new context in the ODI topology
- importing scenarios in ODI
- deploying the cn_reports.rpd in OBIEE
- deploying the webcatalog in OBIEE
Now, since the installation and configuration of OBIA 188.8.131.52.1 automatically takes care of properly configuring ODI as well as deploying the various objects on OBIEE, my concern is that it would be not easy to also implement OIC analytics in this same infrastructure.
For example, if I swap the OBIA .RPD file with the one shipped with the OIC Analytics, then i think that the OBIA installation will no longer work properly.
My questions are:
- Why does OBIA not include analytics also for OIC?
- Is it supported to deploy OIC analytics in the same infrastructure used for OBIA 11g?
- If it is supported, how can this be done? Is there any documentation about this?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms