OBIEE/OBIA Application Hanging Or Freezed
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2016
Applies to:Business Intelligence Applications Consumer - Version 220.127.116.11.1 to 18.104.22.168.1 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OBIEE users are not able to login,
When this happens,
1. you run os command such as
[root@dxbhobiapps ~]# su - apobiprod
You receive the following error
su: cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable
2. if you run the following command
[apobiprod@dxbhobiapps ~]$ opmnctl status
you receive the following message.
# There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
# Cannot create GC thread. Out of system resources.
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
3. if you check free memory on the server, you find there are enough free memory
[apobiprod@dxbhobiapps ~]$ free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 47336 47084 252 0 132 38604
-/+ buffers/cache: 8347 38989
Swap: 48575 674 47900
4. In bi_server1.log, you see the following error repeating:
<Warning> <oracle.j2ee.ws.common.jaxws.JAXWSMessages> <BEA-000000> <Exception while executing the business logic: unable to create new native thread>
5. If you run other applications on the same server such as ODI, you see similar error shown above in one of its logs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms