Essbase v11.1.2+ Database Corruption/Invalid Block Header (IBH)) Errors "Invalid transaction status for block -- Please use the IBH Locate/Fix utilities to find/fix the problem" or "1006032 Invalid stored logical data block size (xxxx)"
(Doc ID 1679625.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2023
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 188.8.131.52.100 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 11.1 to 21]
Hyperion Planning - Version 220.127.116.11.500 to 18.104.22.168.000 [Release 11.1 to 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If an Essbase application is abnormally terminated, either by a crash or user intervention, it can cause a corruption in the database. One of the types of database corruption is an "Invalid Block Header (IBH)". Errors in the application log include:
- 1006032 - Invalid stored logical data block sizexxxx
- 1006060 - Invalid block header: Block numbers do not match -- Please use the IBH Locate/Fix utilities to find/fix the IBH problem
- 1006068 - Invalid transaction status for block -- Please use the IBH Locate/Fix utilities to find/fix the problem
- 1006078 - Invalid block header: Illegal block type -- Please restore from backup
- 1006079 - Invalid transaction status for block -- Please restore from backup
- 1070051 - Duplicate key found in AVL-Tree.
Another issue that has been mistakenly reported to be an IBH problem is when you see the presence of the following error:
Corrupted Node Page in the B+tree. [adIndPromoteSafeWrite] aborted
This is not an IBH issue, and has been fixed already in the 22.214.171.124.106 and 126.96.36.199.500 code lines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document