OBIEE 11g How To Use Wildcard SSL Certificates With OBIEE 22.214.171.124 And Later
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2014
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You intend to deploy SSL certificates security to our OBIEE 188.8.131.52 environments, so that Mobile Users can securely connect to them from outside your internal network.
While looking for information on this, you have found:
- https://community.oracle.com/message/11603740#11603740, from the Oracle Community Forums, where it is stated that wildcard certificates are not supported.
- Also, <Note:1327127.1> Wildcard Certificates are not Supported, from Oracle Support's Knowledge Base, with the same statement.
- Actually, the same article states that these certificates are only supported by Oracle WebLogic (WLS) on version 10.3.6+.
- The version of WebLogic deployed as part of the Foundation for OBIEE 184.108.40.206 is 10.3.5.
- This seems to leave you only with the option of acquiring new certificates that publish your servers' FQDN
What would be the suggested path, to be able to use wildcard certificates with these environments?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms