OBIEE 11g - Internet Explorer 11 Returns an 'Unsupported Browser Error' When Launching Enterprise Manager Using Basic URL
Last updated on MAY 14, 2018
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.140527 [Release 11g]
Enterprise Manager for Fusion Middleware - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.140527 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After installing patch OBIEE 126.96.36.199.140527, Internet Explorer 11 returns an 'unsupported browser error" when launching Enterprise Manager using basic url.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use Internet Explorer 11.
- Go to the Enterprise Manager URL:
- You will receive a message stating
Message from webpage
<!> You are using an unsupported browser. The supported browsers
are Internet Explorer 7 and higher, Firefox 188.8.131.52 and higher, Safari 3.1.2 and higher, and Google Chrome 1.0 or higher.
- If you click on [OK] you see the Spinning "O" with the message "Loading..." but it never completes.
- If you then re-enter the URL, you will get the login page, but the "Login" button does nothing.
- Please note that other products ( i.e. BIP, Analytic and Weblogic) are all working fine under IE 11 except for the EM Console.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms