Exporting percentages from obiee to excel: data type set to custom
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.1 to 18.104.22.168.140225 [Release 11g]
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124.1 to 126.96.36.199.140225 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- OBIEE 188.8.131.52.140114
- Microsoft Excel 2007
- When exported to Excel 2007, a percentage value does not retain the formatting.
- The % value will be exported as custom data value instead of the percentage value.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a report with some numeric data.
- In the column properties override the data format to treat numbers as percentage.
- for example you have one row with 1014223.91%
- Go to the results tab.
- Export to Excel.
Observe the following behaviour:
- In 10.1.3.4.1 and 10.1.3.4.2 (with patch 13769839): (no defect)
- The data type in Excel is set to Percentage, and the value downloaded is (ie the data behind the cell) is 100th of that which is in the Analysis. although it displays the same value as is contained in the analysis. (Observe this by changing the datatype or use it in a calculation)
- In 184.108.40.206.2BP1: (defect showing)
- The data type is set to Custom and the data is the same as that in the Analysis. (Observe this by using the cell in a calculation.)
- In in 220.127.116.11.140415 (defect fixed)
- The data type in Excel is set to Percentage, and the value downloaded is (ie the data behind the cell) is 100th of that which is in the Analysis. (as in 10g) ie in this case the excel file shows 1014223.91%, but if you use the cell in a calculation you will see that the data is in fact 10142.2391
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms