Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2014
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Cannot get OBIEE installed successfully.
- The installer gets to the point where its launching the applications for the last time, and OBIS1 fails to launch.
- The installer then fails and you are forced to cancel.
- The error log for OBIS1 shows:
[2014-07-01T18:26:21.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] [ERROR:1]   [ecid: ] [tid: e9a8e720] Server start up failed: [nQSError: 43146] FMW_UPDATE_ROLE_AND_USER_REF_GUIDS inside NQSConfig.INI is set to Yes but the server failed to connect to BI Security Service.
- After this occurs, the installation is unusable. You can launch weblogic, and the bi_server1 managed server, but you can't launch opmnctl and the opmn managed processes. because OBIS won't launch and neither will OBIPS.
- OBIPS will fail with this error:
[2014-07-01T18:29:04.000-04:00] [OBIPS] [ERROR:10]  [saw.security.odbcuserpopulationimpl.initialize] [ecid: ] [tid: ] Odbc driver returned an error (SQLDriverConnectW).
State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred.
[nQSError: 73006] Cannot obtain Oracle BI Servers from either the primary Cluster Controller (xyz) or the secondary Cluster Controller () specified for the clustered DSN. (HY000)[[
[2014-07-01T18:29:04.000-04:00] [OBIPS] [ERROR:16]  [saw.security.odbcuserpopulationimpl.initialize] [ecid: ] [tid: ] Unable to create a system user connection to BI Server during start up. Trying again.[[
javax.management.MBeanException: Failed to start J2EE BI component: bi_cluster:bimiddleware#11.1.1
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms