OBIEE 11g: Login is Slow for Users Authenticated via LDAP and Authorized via BISQLGroupProvider
Last updated on AUGUST 07, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- OBIEE 184.108.40.206.x
- Users are authenticated via an iPlanet LDAP security provider and authorized via a BISQLGroupProvider security provider.
- Every time a user enters his username/password credentials, the "Signing in ..." message/log displays for a long time (for example, 5+ minutes) before the OBIEE Home page or the My Dashboard page appears. Sometimes, a subsequent login will be faster but is still longer than expected / desired.
- Upon review of the NQServer.log, it was observed from the timestamps that the user appears to be authenticated / "logged in" very quickly after his username/password credentials were provided:
[2014-09-24T22:36:50.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... The response for user OBIS during getAuthenticatedUserWithLanguageAndProperties is: ... <result><GUID><value>d7dec181-93d511dd-804dc6c6-4d14960e</value></GUID><name>biadmin</name><description></description><displayName>biadmin</displayName>
[2014-09-24T22:36:51.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... User 'biadmin' logged in as a BI Security Service user.
- However, the Home page / My Dashboard page does not display until much later, so it is suspected that the issue lies with the authorization stage.
- Another observation is that the BI Server takes 30 mins to startup, and the majority of the time is spent in the "getDirectRoleMembersForRole" step:
[2014-09-24T21:58:47.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... Loading repository /opt/obi/oramiddlehome/instances/instance1/bifoundation/OracleBIServerComponent/coreapplication_obis1/repository/OBIEE_PROD_BI0001.rpd.
[2014-09-24T21:59:53.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... Finished loading subject area: Core Copy.
[2014-09-24T22:00:45.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... User OBIS spent 11072.000000 milliseconds for http response when getDirectRoleMembersForRole
[2014-09-24T22:00:45.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... User OBIS spent 0.000000 milliseconds for xerces parsing when getDirectRoleMembersForRole
[2014-09-24T22:29:48.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... User OBIS spent 7677.000000 milliseconds for http response when getDirectRoleMembersForRole
[2014-09-24T22:29:48.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... User OBIS spent 0.000000 milliseconds for xerces parsing when getDirectRoleMembersForRole
[2014-09-24T22:29:55.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... Database security store is not available, do not re-associate to this provider type.
[2014-09-24T22:29:55.000-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] ... nqsserver: Clustered Oracle BI Server (64-bit) started. Version: 220.127.116.11.0.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms