OBIEE 11G: Administrator Login Fails with error:  User authentication failure: BISystemUser And Groups Are Not Assigned To LDAP Users
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2016
Applies to:Business Intelligence Reporting and Publishing - Version 220.127.116.11.140715 and later
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.140715 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- After upgrading OBIEE 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 and migrating a web catalog to a cluster environment, the Administrator is unable to login into OBIEE even though LDAP users can login
- The environment is uses 10g style with Authentication and connecting to a custom LDAP (i.e Users are in LDAP configured within repository)
- BISystemUser is in the DefaultAuthenticator in Weblogic
- The environment is a scaled out environment of 2 Nodes with a shared repository
- When node 1 is up and Node 2 is down, the Administrator is able to login to OBIEE
- When Node 1 is down and Node 2 is up or when both nodes are up, the Administrator is unable to login to OBIEE even though they can login to Weblogic and Enteprise Manager
- In addition, when LDAP users login to OBIEE, they are authenticated but have no rights i.e no groups are assigned
When Administrator attempts to login to OBIEE, the following errors are logged:
The Presentation Server (saw) log:
[nQSError: 43113] Message returned from OBIS.
 User authentication failure: BISystemUser. (08004)[[
The OBI Server (nqserver) log:
[2014-09-29T12:35:09.000+02:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] [ERROR:1]   [ecid: 00iOgWQ90rvFw00Fzzw0w00000hG00000p,0:1:2:6] [tid: 1278]  User authentication failure: BISystemUser.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms