OBIEE 11g - Reports Execute Slower When the EssLoginAs API is Implemented for "log in as" Logins to Essbase
Last updated on JUNE 22, 2016
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- <Patch 18475438> - CSSTOKEN CODE PATH BROKEN is applied to enable the EssLoginAs API between OBIEE and Essbase.
- This EssLoginAs Patch allows for both the “SSO” option and the “Shared Logon” options in the Connection Pool to the Essbase data source to be enabled / checked ON concurrently.
- An Essbase administrator's credentials are specified for the "Shared Logon" option, such that the BI Server will connect to the Essbase server using these credentials and then call the EssLoginAs Essbase API function with the user name of the end user who logged into OBIEE to impersonate that user in Essbase. Essbase will then execute the MDX query as if the end user had logged into the Essbase server. This requires no special setup on the Essbase server; that is SSO does not need to be setup.
- The OBIEE reports that access the Essbase server execute slower (for example, 2-3 mins) when the EssLoginAs API is invoked (the "SSO" option is checked ON).
- When the EssLoginAs API is not used (the "SSO" option is checked OFF), the same reports will execute quickly (for example, 2-3 secs).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms