OBIEE 11g - Cannot setup SQL Server Connection
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.150120 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Can 'Update Row Count' for SQL Server ODBC connection within RPD in Admin Tools in OFFLINE mode.
- Cannot execute the same functionality in ONLINE mode (using same RPD and same RPD connection) and encounter the following error message: 'The connection has failed'.
- The odbc connection 'sql server_db' is setup to use ODBC 3.5 as connection.
- Also when creating a report from SQL Server 2008 database, All repository layers are set (physical, logical, presentation) and you can see the row count.
- After uploading the repository and generating a report at front end (BI Answers) is giving error:
Odbc driver returned an error (SQLExecDirectW)
State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred. [nQSError: 43113] Message returned from OBIS. Please have your System Administrator look at the log for more details on this error. (HY000)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms