OBIEE 11g - Cannot setup SQL Server Connection
(Doc ID 1999490.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.150120 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Can 'Update Row Count' for SQL Server ODBC connection within RPD in Admin Tools in OFFLINE mode.
- Cannot execute the same functionality in ONLINE mode (using same RPD and same RPD connection) and encounter the following error message: 'The connection has failed'.
- The odbc connection 'sql server_db' is setup to use ODBC 3.5 as connection.
- Also when creating a report from SQL Server 2008 database, All repository layers are set (physical, logical, presentation) and you can see the row count.
- After uploading the repository and generating a report at front end (BI Answers) is giving error:
Odbc driver returned an error (SQLExecDirectW)
State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred. [nQSError: 43113] Message returned from OBIS. Please have your System Administrator look at the log for more details on this error. (HY000)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document