OBIEE 11g - Offline Patch Repository Merge Does not Work Though Merge Is Successful
Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.150120 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 126.96.36.199.x versions of OBI Admin tool,
- when trying to generate a patch for the modified repository (by file >Compare)
- and then attempting to merge this patch to apply the differentials between the original master repository and the modified repository,
- the patch merge shows successful, however the changes are not effective.
It is expected that after the patch merge, the master repository should reflect the changes as like in the modified repository.
Patch merges are used when you are applying the differential between two versions of the same repository.
For example, you might want to use a patch merge to apply changes from the development version of a repository to your production repository, or to upgrade your Oracle BI Applications repository
To learn more about Patch merging, refer to the following Oracle documentation:
Oracle® Fusion Middleware Metadata Repository Builder's Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (Oracle Fusion Applications Edition)
17 Managing Oracle BI Repository Files
- The RPD has project folders under it
- The Patch is generated using Patch Repository Merge utility
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms