Unexpected Number of Columns Display in Analysis After Migration From OBIEE 10G To 11G
(Doc ID 2020513.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Actual Behaviour
- Unexpected display of columns on analysis after migration from OBIEE 10G to 11G.
- In OBIEE 10g the request returns 7 records.
- In OBIEE 11g the request returns 6 records. (after the upgrade)
- After testing the redesign of the report it is found that the issue starts to occur (one record disappears) when the following column formula is added:
- substring("Cost Center"."Planning Unit",POSITION('- ' IN "Cost Center"."Planning Unit")+1,LENGTH("Cost Center"."Planning Unit"))
- The column formula does not impact the display of data on OBIEE 10g. It impacts the display of data on OBIEE 11g
- Expected Behaviour
- One less row displays in 11g when including a column with the above formula. So, this happens:
- 10g with no formula column: 7 records returned
- 10g with the formula column: 7 records returned
- 11g with no formula column: 7 records returned
- 11g with the formula column: 6 records returned
- The same number of rows should display in all cases.
- Reproducible Steps:
- Create an analysis in 11g
- 7 rows are returned
- Add a column with this formula: substring("Cost Center"."Planning Unit",POSITION('- ' IN "Cost Center"."Planning Unit")+1,LENGTH("Cost Center"."Planning Unit"))
- Now only 6 rows are returned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document