Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2016
Applies to:Hyperion BI+ - Version 188.8.131.52.000 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When restricting data with a filter that compares against a large value, no data is displayed (although values are expected to be returned) and an error is seen in WebAnalysis log file.
As an example, this may occur under the following scenario:
1. Start Web Analysis Studio.
2. Create an Analytics database connection to Sample.Basic.
3. Create an analysis with the following data layout using the database connection created in step 2.
Column: Measures dimension (Select Profit, Inventory, Ratios as members)
Row: Market dimension (Select East, West, South, Central as members)
4. Right click in a column header and select Analysis Tool -> Restrict Data.
5. Add a filter and set the selection rule as the following:
A Value Of
6. This results in no data being displayed.
In WebAnalysis.log, an error similiar to the following is recorded:
 Error: syntax error at 4, 22 on input E7
NOTE: When repeating the above scenario with a lower value (e.g 9999999.999), the problem does not occur.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms