OBIEE 11g - Dashboard Prompt Scope Issue when Presentation Variable is Used
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.1 to 22.214.171.124.141014 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- You have two dashboard pages and each one has a dashboard prompt.
- The design is as following - Dashboard, Page and Prompt Setup Details:
- Dashboard Page 1
- Prompt : Fiscal Year (Single Select)
- Scope : Dashboard
- In addition to pass value of prompt to the filter condition for the report to fetch correct data based on user selection, Prompt Fiscal Year assigning its value to presentation variable p_Year, which is used under formula column of the “% of the Fiscal Year Remaining” column to calculate the value for it.
- Report fetches correct data and calculates correct value for “% of the Fiscal Year Remaining” column.
- Dashboard Page 2
- Prompt : Fiscal Year (MultiSelect)
- Scope : Page
- Prompt Fiscal Year values used to pass within filter condition for the report to fetch correct data based on user selection.
- Dashboard Page 1
- Steps to replicate the error state
- Logon and move to Dashboard Page 1, which has default value for current year (e.g 2015) and fetches data on report for this year.
- Change the Fiscal Year value to 2013 and run the report to check result set
- Move to Dashboard Page 2, which will run the report for fiscal year 2013 since prompt value passed from Dashboard Page 1 where its scope is Year.
- Change the Fiscal Year value to 2014 & 2015 (since it is multi select prompt) and check the result
- Move to Dashboard page 1, it will throw the error:
The number of columns returned in retrieving column metadata was invalid (expected: 1; received: 2)
Error Codes: SSJ6N6WZ:OI2DL65P
Location: saw.views.evc.activate, saw.subsystem.portal.pagesImpl, saw.subsystem.portal, saw.httpserver.processrequest, saw.rpc.server.responder, saw.rpc.server, saw.rpc.server.handleConnection, saw.rpc.server.dispatch, saw.threadpool.socketrpcserver, saw.threads
SQL Issued: SELECT 2009,2010 FROM "Sample Sales Lite"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms