OBIEE 11g - Cookies Persist During Browser Session so Session Variables are Not Re-Initialized on Re-Logon
Last updated on JULY 09, 2015
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- OBIEE Cookies Persist during Browser Session so Session Variables are not changed on re-logon
- OBIEE is triggered or opened in a pop-up window from within a custom application.
- When a user logs on, a number of system session variables is set, that control what data the user can see in the OBIEE dashboards.
- When the user clicks on the "Sign Out" link, the OBIEE sessions ends and if the user then logs onto the dashboard through the custom application again, the sign-on process is triggered and all the session variables are derived again - exactly as designed.
- However, if the user clicks on the Window's Close X (top right), the OBIEE session does not end but remains active whilst the Browser session remains active or until the timeout is reached.
- In these instances if the user then launches the dashboard again, the sign-on procedure is bypassed and the original session variables are still there, i.e. they are not refreshed - which is not what is expected.
- Is there a way to sign the user out of OBIEE when they click the close Window X?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms