OBIEE 11g: OBIEE Fails To Connect To Apache Hive2 Server With Error 'Driver was unable to connect to the Server. Please check your Hive Server is running and the Host/Port are configured correctly'
Last updated on JULY 03, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
- Hive : 0.13 (as part of Hortonworks Data Platform 2.1)
- When trying to connect to HIVE server2 as a datasource in the RPD following this document
- Driver =/apps/opt/fmw/webcenter_obiee/Oracle_BI1/common/ODBC/Merant/7.1.4/lib/ARhive27.so
- Description = Oracle 7.1 Apache Hive Wire Protocol
- The following error is shown :
[2015-06-23T06:22:43.372-04:00] [OracleBIServerComponent] [ERROR:1]   [ecid: de23427d6c03f681:-7910873:14e0b75cca0:-8000-000000000004a545,0:1:1:5:1] [tid: 6f3b940] [nQSError: 16001] ODBC error state: S1000 code: 0 message: [DataDirect][ODBC Apache Hive Wire Protocol driver]General error.Driver was unable to connect to the Server. Please check your Hive Server is running and the Host/Port are configured correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms