Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2015
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.131017 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Passing OBIEE prompt values to BI Publisher report using an Oracle BI Analysis Data Set is not working and errors with "Error occurred on retrieving data xml"
The reproduction steps in an OBIEE SampleApp demonstration environment:
- Create a OBIEE Analysis with the column - 'P4 Brand','T05 Per Name Year' and '1-Revenue' with is prompted chosen for Brand and Year column.
- Next, create a dashboard prompt for Brand and Year. Create the presentation variable for each prompt with the exact same name assigned for the BIP Report parameters.
- Next, create a data model using the above BI Analysis and use it to create a BI Publisher report.
- Create a dashboard and drag the dashboard prompt and the BIP report in it.
- Now, select values from the prompt and see the change in the report.
Initially it shows the complete report and then when values are selected from the prompts, it errors with "Error occurred on retrieving data xml"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms