OBIEE 11g: Upgrading Cluster/Scale-Out from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 Fails with a Split Domain Configuration
Last updated on AUGUST 28, 2015
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Configuration Assistant to upgrade the environment from OBIEE version 18.104.22.168 to version 22.214.171.124 and using the following steps: Table 1-17 Summary of Steps to Apply the Oracle BI 126.96.36.199 Patch Set.
When executing Step 6 to automate all the manual steps on the Primary Node via Configuration Assistant, the following occurs:
- The path of Domain Home in Config.sh is set to DOMAIN_HOME of Managed Server.
- Once the the configuration is complete the OBIEE service does not start.
The domain separation has been implemented in the WLS AdminServer and WLS ManagedServer bi_server1(primary node) following steps in 188.8.131.52 Creating a Separate Domain Directory for the bi_server1 Managed Server.
The following is the Directory Layout of the Primary Node:
- WLS_ORACLE_HOME = <MW_HOME>/wlserver_10.3
- BI_ORACLE_HOME = <MW_HOME>/Oracle_BI1
- BI_INSTANCE_HOME = <MW_HOME>/instances/instance1
- WLS AdminServer(*** on the shared disk ***)
- DOMAIN_HOME = <Shared_DISK>/admin/bifoundation_domain/aserver/bifoundation_domain
- WLS ManagedServer(bi_server1) (*** on the local disk ***)
- DOMAIN_HOME =<MW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bifoundation_domain
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms