BI Server Not Starting After Weblogic Password Change
(Doc ID 2041899.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2018
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.8 version, Analytics
BI server is not starting after user weblogic password change.
The Admin server is starting but bi server is not.
If you reset the password back, the Admin/BI server comes up.
Jun 8, 2015 4:58:38 PM oracle.bi.security.provider.wls.authentication.dbms.SQLGroupDatabaseConnectionPool getDataSource
Jun 8, 2015 4:58:38 PM oracle.bi.security.provider.wls.authentication.dbms.SQLGroupLoginModule login
WARNING: BISQLGroupsProvider: connection pool not usable.
weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Server installed as Windows NT service with incorrect password for user weblogic; The password may have been changed since the server was installed as a Windows NT Service. Contact the Windows NT system administrator.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Change windows service account password in domain controller. Password is used to manage OPMN, Nodemager, admin and biserver services.
2. Update weblogic password in the weblogic console.
3. Update boot properties file for adminserver and biservers under MW_HOME\user_project\...
4. Restart services.
5. Admin server (7001/console) starts with no error but BiServer fails with the above errors.
1. Reset service account with old password.
2. Reset weblogic password with old password in console.
3. Update boot.properties files in adminserver and biserver with old passwd ( password = old password user=weblogic)
4. Restart servicies and everything should work again.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|