BI Server Not Starting After Weblogic Password Change
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.8 version, Analytics
BI server is not starting after user weblogic password change.
The Admin server is starting but bi server is not.
If you reset the password back, the Admin/BI server comes up.
Jun 8, 2015 4:58:38 PM oracle.bi.security.provider.wls.authentication.dbms.SQLGroupDatabaseConnectionPool getDataSource
Jun 8, 2015 4:58:38 PM oracle.bi.security.provider.wls.authentication.dbms.SQLGroupLoginModule login
WARNING: BISQLGroupsProvider: connection pool not usable.
weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Server installed as Windows NT service with incorrect password for user weblogic; The password may have been changed since the server was installed as a Windows NT Service. Contact the Windows NT system administrator.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Change windows service account password in domain controller. Password is used to manage OPMN, Nodemager, admin and biserver services.
2. Update weblogic password in the weblogic console.
3. Update boot properties file for adminserver and biservers under MW_HOME\user_project\...
4. Restart services.
5. Admin server (7001/console) starts with no error but BiServer fails with the above errors.
1. Reset service account with old password.
2. Reset weblogic password with old password in console.
3. Update boot.properties files in adminserver and biserver with old passwd ( password = old password user=weblogic)
4. Restart servicies and everything should work again.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms