Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Spend Classification - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The documentation is "limited". When following the Spend Classification Process Guide ( E15968-07 ), at page 1-11 section 6, it basically just says "Deploy the SpendClassification.ear and war files" and that's it without any indication of what steps to follow to guarantee a successful implementation.
There are a number of options when deploying an EAR.
- So, should the EAR files be copied to any specific directory?
- When specifying the deployment targets, should the AdminServer be selected, or the bi_cluster or both ( I was considering just selecting BI Cluster ).
- In the "optional settings", should one leave the default security to "DD Only"
- In the "optional settings",how should we specify source accessibility. The default says "use the defaults identified by the deployment's targets" or should we select the radio button that "I will make the deployment accessible from the follwing location" and specific in that location the location of the EAR file.
- Once this is done, there is a configuration screen that will be invoked when the application is deployed. Are there any actions to be taken here?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms