OBIEE 11G -- Patching WebLogic to 10.3.6 results in Error -- A fatal Error has occurred. The application will terminate.
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On OBIEE 11G, when patching the WebLogic component to 10.3.6 patch, it ends up with fatal error:
A fatal Error has occurred. The application will terminate.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Downloaded the p13529623_1036_Generic.zip
2. Unzipped the wls1036_upgrade_generic.jar file to the same directory
3. Stop all the services
4. Run the following usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.7.0/bin/jdk -jar /installer.jar
5. Click Next
6. Choose Use Existing Middleware home Middleware home directory will be populated.
7. On next screen de-select the wish to receive security updates via my Oracle Support
8. Click Yes on popup
9. Keep the Oracle Coherence uncheck, Weblogic Server will be populated as checked. Click Next
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms