Login to Essbase is Very Slow on the Initial Login
Last updated on MARCH 31, 2017
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 18.104.22.168.010 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Essbase 22.214.171.124.101 version
Initial login is very slow
Error in essbaseagent.log
Connected from [::1]
[date]Exception in thread "PRODldapServer" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
- The initial login to Essbase is very slow.
- It may take a few minutes from MaxL concole, EAS or Excel Addin to connect.
- Users may get the impression that the server is hanging.
- The connection will complete in a few minutes.
- Subsequent connections and requests appear normal (within a few seconds).
- After a period of time of no activities (such as early next morning), the login will be slow again.
- It looks like Essbase V126.96.36.199 needs a few minutes to wake up after a period of idle time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms