OBIEE 11g: Multiuser Development Environment (MUDE) Publish to Network Does Not Throw the Warning That a New Object "is not Referenced in any Project"
Last updated on NOVEMBER 20, 2015
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.151020 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Working with a Multiuser Development Environment in OBIEE 18.104.22.168.x
- A new object - for example, a Subject Area / Logical Table / Logical Column, etc. - is added to the local Repository.
- On File > Multiuser > Refresh Subset, we see a Warning that "[New Object] is not referenced in any project".
- This is expected as per the Metadata Repository Builder's Guide for OBIEE > About the Multiuser Development Merge Process :-
- "During the merge, the Administration Tool checks for added objects and if found, a warning message appears."
- On File > Multiuser > Publish to Network, no Warning is thrown.
- This is unexpected as per the Metadata Repository Builder's Guide for OBIEE > About Multiuser Development Menu Options > Publish to Network :-
- "Publishing your changes automatically performs a Refresh Subset operation to merge your local changes with any additional changes from the master."
- It was expected that the same Warning would be thrown on a Publish to Network operation.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms