OBIA 796x: Informatica Product Support Overview and Guidelines
(Doc ID 2087667.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2021
Applies to:Business Intelligence Applications Consumer - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release V7]
Oracle Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Administration Console
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The purpose of this document is to clarify which Informatica SRs can be routed to the OBIA / BI Applications Support Team.
Informatica is bundled as an ETL tool for OBI Application versions 796x, it contains the mappings to load only the target warehouse as Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse (OBAW)
The last version of OBIA shipped with Informatica as an ETL tool is BI Apps 184.108.40.206
Please Note: OBIA/BIApps 11g uses Oracle Data Integration (ODI) for the ETL tool NOT Informatica)
Some other Oracle Products also use Informatica as an ETL tool such as:
- PeopleSoft EPM Warehouse,
- Siebel CRM
Any Informatica problems specific to the other products should be routed to the respective product support teams.
- Before logging or transferring an SR with an Informatica specific issue please verify what Oracle Product Suite you are using which includes Informatica. This will confirm the Product Area where the SR should be routed/logged.
- If you have purchased Informatica directly from Informatica then you can work with Informatica directly for any non Oracle product specific issue.
- Once you have established the Product Suite, the following note can be used to validate the BI Apps and Informatica product versions:
- <Note 1519745.1> OBIA: How to Find Software Versions and Patches in an Oracle Business Intelligence Applications Environment?
Below are some key BIApps Informatica Implementation and Licensing Guidelines:
- The OEM Informatica and DAC licenses are for use exclusively with BI Applications. BI Applications users can extend the applications and create additional areas of analysis provided that it is done within the BI Applications warehouse. Users can also leverage the Informatica ETL to extract from the warehouse provided that they do not do any transformations in this form of data movement. These options provide users with a considerable amount of flexibility to leverage the BI Applications and add custom content and extensions. Users that are interested in a standalone ETL for a straight home grown development project should consider the Oracle Data Integrator or Informatica direct offerings.
- OBIA provides an OEM limited use license of Informatica not an Enterprise license. If you do not own licenses for OBIA than the Informatica software that comes bundled with the media pack are not sufficient. You need to get those installers and packs from Informatica directly.
- The Informatica license document is included with BIApps Install. It lists all the restrictions about the Informatica license use so please review it before logging any SR.
- Data Integration Service (DIS) data cleansing etc is not part of the BIApps Infa License - you will get an error [LDTM_0084] The license does not have option to run Transformation Machine. We do not provide a license for DQ if you need this feature it needs to licensed separately from Informatica.
- The Pushdown Optimization Option is not part of Oracle’s OEM of Informatica. Users can go to Informatica to purchase the necessary additional license.
- Users do not need to license the OEM version we provide if they already have an Informatica license in house, provided the version matches exactly to the supported and certified BIApps INFA version including patch level. Any issues logged with out of box Oracle provided ETL which end up being Informatica problems, Support will work with Informatica directly to resolve. Any issues related to the Informatica features that are not part of the OEM (such as the grid option) should be sent directly to Informatica since we do not have a lot of experience with them.
- For Supported Informatica Versions for each BIApps release please review respective BIApps SRSP document on OTN - we recommend users are on the latest supported Informatica version:
=>Please Note: OBIA/BAIApps will only support customer who are using Informatica with OBIA Mappings and Warehouse as a integrated solution standalone Informatica is not part of OBIA-BIApps offering.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document