Error "Object variable or With block variable not set" When Opening A Financial Reporting Report In FR Studio After Restarting FR Web Service
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2017
Applies to:Hyperion BI+ - Version 126.96.36.199.000 to 188.8.131.52.000 [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The FR Web Application Service has been restarted. You launch FR studio and attempt to open a report. The error "Object variable or With block variable not set" is shown and the report is not displayed. You login to Workspace and run the report (HTML or PDF preview), and it renders correctly. You attempt once again to open the report in FR Studio; this time it opens without error. The behavior occurs again each time the FR service is restarted.
1. Start all EPM services.
2. Launch FR Studio.
3. Open any report. If no reports exist yet, create a new report, save it, then close it and attempt to re-open it.
4. The error "Object variable or With block variable not set" is shown.
5. Login to Workspace and view the report (HTML or PDF preview).
6. Report displays as expected.
7. Open the report again in FR Studio.
8. The report now opens correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms