OBIEE 12c: Opening Repository Fails With The Following Error: "[nqSError: 92008] XML Validation at Line Number 5 : Datatype error: Type: InvalidDatatypeValueException, Message:ID ‘mError’ is not unique"
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2016
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Testing repository and MDS XML. This appears to work in 22.214.171.124, but not in OBIEE 12c. In 12c, multiple XML nodes are being emitted with mdsid="mError".
When attempting to re-open the MDS XML, the "mError" nodes are interpreted as duplicates and the repository is unusable. Detailed report steps are as follows:
1. Open the attached "TestRepository.rpd" using Admin Tool version 126.96.36.199.0 Package 151011.0347.000.
2. Select File/Copy as/MDS XML.
3. Close repository and select File/Open/MDS XML Repository.
4. Chose previously created MDS XML root folder.
5. Try opening it as Standalone.
ERROR: Admin Tool returns the following error message:
OBIEE was upgraded from 11g to 12c.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms