DASHBOARD PROMPT CONTAINING A COMMA IS NOT ESCAPED OR BECOMES NULL
(Doc ID 2137566.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, BICS/OBIEE
BI Cloud doesn’t seem to be handling commas within the data of a prompt. The text field that contains a comma shows up correctly in the prompt, but after the “Apply” button is clicked, the comma gets converted to a semicolon. This happens to any text prompt that contains a comma.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps: (Example)
1. Login into BICS Analytics Page.
2. Once logged in then from Home Page click on "Dashboards" option.
3. Once list of "Dashboards" are displayed then click on "Project Overview"
4. Once "Project Overview" dashboard opens then navigate to "Overview"
5. On "Overview" dashboard page select a value for dashboard prompt "Project
Manager" for example Anderson, Mr. Simon then wait for a second or so it will
wait for prompt value to load and then the value selected will disappear from
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document