When Using Choice List Groups with OBIEE 11g Dashboard Prompts the Prompt LOV Only Displays 25 Values
(Doc ID 2156444.1)
Last updated on JULY 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Exalytics Software - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.150120 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using OBIEE 22.214.171.124.150120 on Exalytics with a Selection Group and Prompts in a dashboard page, the Prompt List of Values (LOV) only displays 25 values.
This happens even when there are more than 25 possible values.
For example, create an analysis on Sample App Lite.
1. Select following columns: Time.Calendar Date, Time.Per Name Month, Product.Product Number, Orders.OrderNumber an Base Facts.Revenue.
Save the analysis as Product Revenue.
2. Then create a condition and use Selection steps -> starts with All values -> Then Keep Only
Where Column "Time"."Per Name Month"
Operator: is not equal to
Value 2006 /10; 2006 /11; 2006 /12 -> then
Save condition as "My Condition."
3. Then create a dashboard prompt that uses a Choice List and and Choice list Values that are MembersofGroup -> Select "My Condition" as the group.
Click options to Include All Column Values choice in the list.
Limit values by All Prompts
Enable user to select multiple values
Enable user to type values.
Save it as My Prompt.
4. Create dashboard page and place the Revenue Analysis and Prompt on this page.
5. When user runs the dashboard and selects the drop down list for the prompt, only 25 initial values display.
6. If user clicks Search at the bottom of the Prompt LOV, the search dialog open. At that point, user can select operator "Starts with" and enter a desired value and it will be found. But this option requires user to match the data as it is saved in the database. If user does not know how actual data is stored in the database, the desired value cannot be found.
The expected behavior is that the Prompt LOV should show all possible values and not just the first 25 values. By showing all values, user can select directly from the values displayed in the LOV.
This problem can occur on OBIEE servers installed on an Exalytics server or on any OBIEE environment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!