OBIEE 11g: Download | Export To Excel Via A Load Balancer Fails With "There was an error processing your download. Please Check with your administrator"
Last updated on JANUARY 02, 2018
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading from OBIEE 22.214.171.124.x to OBIEE 126.96.36.199.x, when downloading an analysis with 150,000 rows and 33 columns (4,950,000 cells) the following error occurs:
"There was an error processing your download. Please Check with your administrator"
XLSX temporary files are being generated during Analysis export to Excel 2007.
XLSX temporary files keep on changing during the period of download and old XLSX temporary (TMP) entry gets replaced with a new entry.
The export process eventually fails with the following error in the JavaHost log:
Unexpected exception. Connection will be closed java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
OBIEE upgraded from 188.8.131.52.x to 184.108.40.206.x.
Additional information about the environment:
- OBIEE cluster with 2 nodes and 2 OHS servers. Using OAM SSO and F5 Load Balancer
- Error occurs about 10 minutes after download is initiated
- A separate mount point exists for storing temporary data
- Export to Excel is not working in OBIEE 220.127.116.11.x after upgrade from OBIEE 18.104.22.168.
- Export to Excel works with small data sets. It fails when the export takes longer than 10 minutes.
- Export to CSV works.
- Issue happens with Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Chrome browsers.
- There is enough temporary space for the export directories set in opmn.xml and xdo.cfg: 125 GB
You have tried the solutions in the following notes with no success:
1595671.1 OBIEE 11g: How To Improve the Functionality of Exporting Data from Analyses, Dashboards, and other Oracle BI Presentation Catalog Objects into Microsoft Excel with OBIEE 22.214.171.124.131017 and Later
1333049.1 OBIEE 11g Infrastructure Performance Tuning Guide Document
1558070.1 OBIEE 126.96.36.199 - New Features, Export Guidance And Recommendations For Working With Microsoft Office
1999106.1 OBIEE 11g - Not Able To Export All Rows From a Report "<div>" Message in the .CSV File And "Maximum total number of cells exceeded" Error in Sawlog.log
1487839.1 OBIEE 11g: Error: "Exceeded configured maximum number of allowed input records. Error Codes: EKMT3FK5:OI2DL65" when Exporting or Opening a Large Report
2128350.1 OBIEE 11g: Active Users are Logged Out One Hour After SSO Authentication via SAML
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms