OBIEE 11g: Prompt Values reset when Switching Certain Prompts based on Essbase Physical Hierarchy
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 22.214.171.124.x version, and later releases
When selecting a value in one prompt,
- The value for another prompt which is not even constrained by that prompt gets reset (i.e. deselected or cleared)
- Data Source used is Essbase
- Suppose there are 4 prompts.
- Prompt 2 is constrained by prompt 1, Prompt 4 is constrained by prompt 3
- Select a value for prompt 1 and 2, and then a value in prompt 3. Prompt 2 is cleared and reset to "Select Value".
- It is expected that Prompt 2 value should not get cleared and reset to "Select Value".
For Example -:
The issue can be reproduced using the following steps -
- Create 4 column prompts as a Dashboard Prompt
- prompt 1: fiscal year
- prompt 2: fiscal day (Limit values based on year)
- prompt 3: Product type
- prompt 4: product (Limit values based on product type)
- Choose a value for fiscal year and fiscal day and after it a value for product type then the value for fiscal day disappear.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms