OBIEE 11g: The 'Column formula' may not Be the Same As the Setting on 'Bins'.
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.150714 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you verify the 'Column formula' from 'Filter' menu, the 'Column formula' may not be the same as the setting on 'Bins'.
Steps to reproduce:
This can be reproduced with Sample Sales Lite.
1. Create an analysis with column ""Products"."Product Type"".
2. Select the column and Click 'Edit Formula.' Navigate to 'Bin' tab.
3. Click 'Add Bin' and select any value.
Operator : is equal to /is in
Value : Audio
4. Click 'OK' and enter the names for 'Edit Bin Name'
5. Click 'OK'
6. Click 'Column formula' tab.
You can verify appropriate column formula in the 'Column Formula' tab.
CASE WHEN DESCRIPTOR_IDOF("Sample Sales Lite"."Products"."Product Type") = 103 THEN 'Audio' ELSE "Products"."Product Type" END
7. The issue here is when you select the column and Click 'Filter' > 'Edit Formula'
'Column formula' on the 'Column formula' tab is not equal to what has been set on 'Bins' tab.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms