OBIEE 11g : How to display the value of a Request variable on the dashboard
(Doc ID 2193218.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Display the value of a request variable selected from the dashboard Prompt.
If we directly try to display the value of a request variable it does not work.
Check out the following example:-
1. Create a Dashboard and add a dashboard prompt to it. Here through this prompt I am creating the Request variable Akhil which takes the list of values from the column "Geography"."Country"
2. Then I create a text box where I intend to display the value of this variable
3. I create an analysis and add that analysis to the dashboard (It could be any analysis)
4. Now open this dashboard. I have not selected a value and not clicked on Apply yet.
5. Query generated from this scenario for the report above
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!