OBIEE 11g : How to display the value of a Request variable on the dashboard
Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Display the value of a request variable selected from the dashboard Prompt.
If we directly try to display the value of a request variable it does not work.
Check out the following example:-
1. Create a Dashboard and add a dashboard prompt to it. Here through this prompt I am creating the Request variable Akhil which takes the list of values from the column "Geography"."Country"
2. Then I create a text box where I intend to display the value of this variable
3. I create an analysis and add that analysis to the dashboard (It could be any analysis)
4. Now open this dashboard. I have not selected a value and not clicked on Apply yet.
5. Query generated from this scenario for the report above
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms