OBIEE 12c:Restricting Users to View Data Source connections With Visual Analyzer
(Doc ID 2223046.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2018
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.2.1.x version of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), it is noticed that there are three options available in Visual Analyzer for different data sources:
1. Data sources from a file.
2. Data sources from Oracle Applications like OBIEE
3. Data sources from Database like Oracle, MySQL etc.
1. Is it possible to restrict the usage of the above mentioned options, that is to build a security system around Visual Analyzer by creating few Roles and providing permissions to those roles to be able to use only specific data sources?
Standard User Role: should be able to see/use only Oracle Applications(like OBIEE) as a data source.
Power User Role: should be able to see/use all data sources including files, database sources, and Oracle Applications.
2. Is it possible to restrict users to be able to see only Oracle and SQL Server source under database data source?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document