BDD 1.2.2 : Unable to delete Avro file from HDFS
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Big Data Discovery - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Big Data Discovery (BDD) 1.2.2,
- User creates a Dataset using File Upload in BDD studio
- The file gets processed by Studio and ultimately converted into an Avro (.avro) file
- This file is then used as the backing file for creating a Hive table.
- This Hive table is then processed using Data Processing to create the Dataset.
- When this Dataset gets deleted, the corresponding Avro file and Hive table are not deleted from HDFS
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms